Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Mind What Your Mother Says...

Mom thinks it is high time I updated this blog. Other friends have hinted at this over the past couple of months, too. Sorry folks! Not that you sit anxiously chomping at the bit awaiting my little blog posts. Geez! You know I save the good stuff for face to face or voice to voice anyway! I should let you all know that the scene outside my windows is finally looking different. Trees are budding and/or in bloom. The grass is really, really green. I'm sneezing and blowing my nose from the pollen. It is dark out now otherwise I'd take a photo and post it. New Jersey is beautiful in the springtime. It just takes a long time for Spring to come. We are in the last week of classes and trees or only now blooming. This is a bit behind schedule if you ask me. I've tried to keep track of when the trees begin to bloom since moving away from the Evergreen state to New Jersey and I expect it by the first of April. Not this year though!

Meanwhile, I'm sitting on the couch with my feet up, trying to look relaxed while I scrunch my head and burn brain calories translating a German translation of a Greek text into English. Did ya catch that? It's for a final paper and a doozy of a one at that. I'm happy working on it, though and that is always a good thing, right!?

3 comments:

samuel joseph smythe said...

don't worry about the bummer NJ weather. you'll get plenty o' california sunshine in a few weeks! it's beautiful here right now. 78 today but unfortunately i've caught a cold bug so i can't really enjoy it. :(

Debbie said...

Good job. I like it when you mind your mother! Enjoy your studies. Fun in the sun, soon to come! Yeah!

Thel said...

'Cause everybody knows
If you don't mind your mother's words
A wicked wind will blow
Your ribbons from your curls
Everybody moan, everybody shake
The Shankhill Butchers want to catch you awake...