Friday, June 08, 2007

Trek Hybrid 7200, Yeah Baby!

Check out my new wheels! :-) Hurray! I'm so excited about my bike purchase. It has been a long time in the making and I finally took the plunge. I even bought a brand-spanking-new bike instead of a used one. Whoa!!! Don't worry though, I thoroughly researched my purchase and I think I made a great investment! I even outfitted the bike with a nifty front basket to carry my books/lunch/purse as I ride to and from work (PTS library) all summer and hopefully even into the fall a bit. My ride this morning was nice. I can take a canal path about half of the way and then have a sidewalk next to a busy road to use the rest of the way. The sidewalk part is a slow and steady upward grade and by the time I arrived at the library I had worked up a decent sweat, which induced me to give thanks for once for our ever-freezing library! The ride home was an easy one as I can coast most of the way to the canal path. And with the temps as high as they were today, I was glad for it. Of course after just a few trips my legs are already asking me what's going on. I've not been on a bike ride since last summer after all. That's okay. I'll adjust. I just hope my "seat" adjusts along with my legs! ;-) So, here's to saving gas money, cutting down on my share of pollution, reducing morning/afternoon traffic stress, and getting to exercise while getting to and from school! I'll drink to that! Any ideas for bike names?

3 comments:

Thel said...

Oh, SHINY!! She is Beyewtiful, man! Many congratulations--she does look like a fantastic investment. Three cheers for a downhill ride home! How far is your ride? It took my "seat" awhile to adjust too. :)

I'm so excited for you. Have fun!

JTB said...

Good for you! I tried to get my bike out the other day for the first time in nearly two years (read: since getting pregnant) and found the back derailleur is busted. Major bummer.

BTW I heard a rumor awhile back that there's some alternate route to campus that avoids the long uphill climb along Alexander...I never found it but maybe you could ask around.

Debbie said...

Mom's proud of you! I taught you well! Great buy, I know you'll enjoy it when we go on our cross country USA tour together!