Thursday, September 13, 2007

Oh the joy of learning French!

It's been a slow and steady process of learning French this summer. And now on my last night of studying, my last night before my French language exam, which I am required to take and pass (!!!) before the beginning of my second year in the PhD program (which begins next Wednesday), I'm all joy and smiles. Yes, studying French non-stop (almost) all week long will do that to a person. :-) Or will it? Maybe the big grin on my face (thanks for the study break, Brittany!) is instead a symptom of the light at the end of the tunnel. Yes, perhaps that is it. Instead of weeping tears of sorrow for the end of French, I'm smiling with glee at the thought of the freedom that will soon be mine come noon tomorrow. Whatever the case may be, this is the end of French, folks. It's been great! But now, alas, back to German I will go....


4 comments:

Kevin said...

Congratulations, Shannon
Yes back to German it is. The French never really produced that many great theologians any way. Keep up the joy and smiles

Kevin said...

"the french never really produced that many great theologians anyway"

except for John Calvin, and the founders of the Jesuit movement. Alright I should just retract that whole comment I made before.

Inger said...

Shannon, it was so fun to read your blog and see what you've been up to! I've been trying to get in touch with you--you can e-mail me back at bornzin@hotmail.com

Hope to hear from you soon,

Inger

David W. Congdon said...

Hi Shannon,

I didn't realize you had a blog, but now I know. :)

I like the photos, and I look forward to seeing you in class on Monday and Tuesday.