Monday, September 24, 2007

Salad Recommendation...with a slight ammendation...

So last night I tried out a new salad recipe courtesy of Everyday Food. Kevin got to partake of it with me, and we both agreed that it is quite tasty indeed and that the salad is particularly appropriate for the fall. The salad is called Roasted Sweet Potato and Watercress Salad but it also has feta cheese and roasted walnuts (tossed with cayenne pepper and evoo to boot!) in it. The watercress is tossed with a little bit of honey, evoo and lemon juice. The only thing I might change, if I were to make it again, is the watercress. While very nice and light, the watercress has long stems which make for an interesting eating challenge. Kevin suggested Romaine, which would be delicious. I think baby spinach might also make for a nice substitute.




4 comments:

Kevin said...

Shannon, the whole meal was excellent! Very clever idea. Bye the way, my sister liked your apple sauce too...

Debbie said...

Looks yummy!

suz said...

Hey Shannon! good to catch up on your summer and life. The salad looks great.

Kevin said...

Shannon, I think it's time for a new post... Your readers are waiting