Thursday, October 25, 2007

Thank God it's..."Reading" Week

Well, I'm not sure about the "Reading" part, ;-) but I've been enjoying the week so named by Princeton Theological Seminary. Actually, all of my reading is going to get done at the tail end of the week, but with mom in town from WA we've been doing a lot of playing--and what a beautiful week for playing it has been! Here's the week in review through pictures:

After church on Sunday, I took mom on the pretty country drive out to Doylestown to have tea at the 1814 house and to meet Kevin. Check out Kevin's blog for his account of his first time in a tea room having Afternoon Tea. It's pretty cute!



On Tuesday, mom and I headed into NYC and spent the morning at the Chelsea Food Market (foodies that we are) and then went to a taping of the Martha Stewart show. We tried to get lottery tickets for Wicked but were sadly unsuccessful. However, we had a LOVELY dinner at Le Pain Quotidien including a "wicked" piece of pumpkin pie (with FRESH mint tea) for dessert!



Wednesday night was Raclette Reunion night complete with a Raclette dinner. Lexi's Mom loved meeting Pidge, Bitsy, Gigi and FiOna and we all shared lots of laughs! Gotta love the girlfriend times!


Thursday: Not wanting anyone to ever doubt our commitment to tea, we made the 300 mile roundtrip trek to the Harney and Sons tea shop and tasting room in Millerton, NY. Let me tell you, we stocked up tea BIG TIME! It was a beautiful fall day and the fall colors out our window for much of the ride were spectacular! We are up to our ears in tea now, but that is how we like it! As mom and I like to say, "Seize the day!" :-)





7 comments:

Kevin said...

What a week you had Shannon. It's no over yet. You still have to take me to New York on Sunday!
More pictures coming...

Lise Ekstrand Gulløv said...

Hi Shannon.

How nice to visit your blog! You are really good at keeping it updated!

How are you doing?

-Lise (the danish girl)

suz said...

A tea pilgrimage -- looks like fun! How's theology treating you?

JTB said...

You were at Chelsea Food Market! That's like a block from our place!!!

Meredith said...

um i think it's time for an update little missy.

Robin said...

Dear Shannon,
Robin (previously Rea) Contreras here writing to you from Mexico City, Mexico! How fun to find your blog! I've read all of it and enjoyed it so greatly! I miss keeping up with you.
We now have three children (that's kept me a little busy the last six years, so I haven't kept up with much else like communicating...)
Please write to me at lcontreras@gracechurch.org. I'd love to hear from you and catch up with you.
(I hear you've been busy lately...) ;)
I still have the teacups book from you, and my daughters love looking at it. They want to have a girly tea together someday. :)
Can you believe I'm here living in Mexico, now? I know you'd love it!
With much love,
Your old friend,
Robin

Debbie said...

Don't you have any new information since October that you want to post? :-)